German
English
Contact    |    Impressum
You are here: Company > History 

History

1987 Formation of E. Weissbacher Industrieservice at Flughafenweg 1, 46519 Alpen.
1988Formation of an own babbit foundry and mechanical fabrication in a rented building in Von-Lear-Straße 23, 46519 Alpen.
Order-related manufacturing of bearings up to 450 mm in diameter.
02.01.1989Delivery of the first bearing shell.
1995Formation of Gleitlagertechnik Weissbacher GmbH (GTW) and incorporation of E.Weissbacher Industrieservice.
1997Relocation of the whole enterprise to a new building with a total area of approximately 1000 m² and a crane capacity of twice five tons at Weseler Straße 32, 46519 Alpen.
Diversification of production with bearings up to 2500 mm in diameter.
1998Enlargement of the product portfolio with DIN-Standard bearings and complete bearings.
1999Site extension and implementation of a sand blasting facility for all relevant bearing sizes.
Certification as an apprenticing company.
2000Building of a second production hall with a total area of 1000 m² and including an indoor crane with a capacity of 10 tons.
Building of an administration building with a total area of approximately 600 m² and relocation of the offices.
2001Certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2000.
2006Annual turnover approximately 10 million Euros. Number of empoyees about 45.
2007Building of a third production and assembly hall with a total area of 1500 m² (two indoor cranes, each with 12,5 tonns capacity) and 1000 m² canopied outdoor area.
2012Building of a storehouse with a total area of approximately 2300 m².